Hair Square Salon
SCF 117, First Floor,
Phase XI, Mohali
Monday to Sunday
9:00 AM to 9:00 PM
0172- 50 51 786
+91 - 96 15 117 117
Nail file is the basic tool to give shape to the nails and grind down the edges of the nails. Nail filing is done during manicure and pedicure for giving proper shape to hands and feet nails. There are several types of nail files that can be used such as metal nail files, emery boards, glass nail files, ceramic nail files, buffing blocks. There are also colorful nail files that are available in neon colors.
1. Cuboid Block Files: It has four sides and each side perform different function such as nail shaping, edges removal, smoothing and providing shining. There is a label on every side that indicates function of that particular side. They are available in different neon shades that will brighten up your beauty bags. The best thing is once you have used it just peel it off and place the other one.
2. Emery Boards: As the name suggests emery paper is used that imparts abrasive properties to it. The most common double sided small flat long tool that is normally available in our home. They are inexpensive and can be used for normal hand and feet nails. They can be easily disposed off after using it on a one person.
3. Metal Nail Files: They generally have a very less grit value therefore they can’t be used on natural nails since they are very abrasive in nature as compared to emery boards. They are suitable for acrylic, artificial and gel nails. It is very easy to refine edges of gel nails using metal nail file.
4. Glass Nail File: Also known as crystal nail file. It is made up of crystal. There is abrasive surface over a glass. It can be used for both natural as well as gel nails. Can be used for shaping as well as smoothing and clearing edges. This tool provides the best precision. They don’t cause splintering and breakage of nails.
5. Ceramic Nail File: Recommended for either soft or weak nails. We can use them for natural nails as well. They are gentle on natural nails. One of the best nail file among all the nail files that are available.
1. Coarse: Mainly used for shaping acrylics or artificial nails.
2. Medium: used for shaping and smoothing natural nails and also for toenails.
3. Fine: Used for shaping and for giving a good nail finish.
4. Ultrafine: For providing shine to nail surface.